Tabla de Contenidos:
The best settings for Elden Ring on PC (tweak guide for max framerate)
In this guide we will give you the best settings for Elden Ring on PC and some tips on how to change the settings to achieve smooth fps.
Elden Ring is a must-have game for all lovers of souls-like and FromSoftware works, as well as one of the 2022 GOTY nominees. However, it is far from perfect when it comes to optimization, with players complaining of problems with performance across all platforms. On PC, fortunately, you can change the graphics settings to your liking to get the best possible result, depending on whether you prefer a high framerate or a higher quality of graphic details.
Elden Ring the best settings to use
Whether you are looking to improve the framerate or the visual impact of Elden Ring, you will inevitably have to juggle the 14 graphic settings of the settings menu, to which in the future the one to activate ray tracing will also be added .
Elden Ring offers fixed presets which are a great starting point to understand how far you can push your setup. However, manually calibrating each parameter inevitably allows you to get the best possible result, since each option affects the performance of the game in a different way. This also means that it is impossible to recommend settings that are suitable for everyone, also because maybe there are those who are more interested in maximizing performance rather than visual rendering and vice versa.
However, we have some tips to give you and below we will explain how much each single setting can affect the performance of Elden Ring and which are therefore «more expendable» than the others, or which you can lower to improve performance without losing too much in terms of impact. visual. Unfortunately, according to the tests done, going from all settings to the highest possible value to the lowest one increases the framerate between 10-20% without touching the resolution, which is not an encouraging result.
- Texture quality : this depends a lot on your configuration, if you fall within the minimum requirements for a hair, we advise you not to go beyond the medium level. If you have a mid-range configuration you can also opt to maximize this value: the loss in performance is not exaggerated, while it certainly gains visual performance. However, if the goal is to raise the framerate as much as possible, we recommend that you stay on Media.
- Antialiasing Quality : Lowering this setting from High to Low does not guarantee a substantial performance increase. However, this is an expendable setting if you play at 1440p or 4K resolution, while we advise you to keep it at least at Medium if you play in 1080p.
- SSAO : this is one of the most influential parameters in terms of performance and is not extremely impactful in terms of visual rendering, therefore it falls into the category of «expendable». So if you want to improve the framerate you can set the ambient occlusion to Low or Medium.
- Depth of Field : This is entirely up to you, as it neither improves nor worsens the performance of the Elden Ring.
- Motion Blur : Has a decent impact on performance and is not particularly popular with many. Our advice is to completely disable it.
- Shadow quality : one of the settings that weighs heavily on performance. If you want to improve the Elden Ring framerate and you have a medium / low range configuration we advise you to choose Low and not to go beyond Medium even with a performing PC if you aim to maximize performance. On the other hand, Low creates an annoying flickering problem with trees, so if you really can’t stand it, we advise you to raise and to Medium.
- Lighting quality : does not particularly affect performance so you can keep this setting on High or Medium as well.
- Effects Quality : As above, you can safely keep it on High or Medium.
- Volumetric quality : it significantly affects the visual rendering of the game, so it is worth keeping it at least on High or at least Medium regardless of the configuration.
- Quality of reflections : as above we advise you to keep it at High or Medium.
- Water surface quality : as above.
- Shader quality : significantly affects performance, so we recommend Medium if your configuration is within the minimum requirements and bring it to High or Maximum only if you have a high-end PC.
- Global Illumination : Does not significantly impact performance, so we recommend High or Medium.
- Vegetation quality : the choice is difficult here. Switching from Maximum to Medium greatly affects the vegetation of the Interregnum, but in the same way it also gains performance. As usual, a lot depends on your setup and how much you are willing to sacrifice for better performance.
Calibrating the settings of a PC game is obviously not an exact science and therefore it will be necessary to test various configurations before finding the one that is right for you. We advise you to tinker with the Elden Ring settings in a large open area of the Interregnum, perhaps near a Place of Grace with several enemies nearby, so that you can concretely test the impact on performance and graphic rendering. of your changes.
In summary, below you will find the best settings for Elden Ring on PC which in principle should go well with any configuration if you aim for a smooth gaming experience without sacrificing too much in terms of visual rendering. As mentioned above, each configuration is a story in itself, so regardless, we advise you to do numerous tests to choose the settings that are right for you.
- Texture Quality : Medium
- Antialiasing : Low (Medium or High with 1080p resolution)
- SSAO : Medium
- Depth of field : as desired
- Motion Blur : disabled
- Shadow quality : Medium or Low
- Lighting quality : High
- Effects Quality : High
- Volumetric : Medium
- Quality of reflections : High
- Quality of water reflections : High
- Shader quality : Medium
- Global illumination : High
- Vegetation quality : Medium
Keep in mind in any case that in Elden Ring, like other FromSoftware games, you will not be able to exceed 60 fps in any case due to the block imposed by the developers. If you want, you can get around this limit thanks to the mods that are coming out these days. If you are interested you can find one here , but we do not recommend using it to play online. Also keep in mind that Elden Ring was designed not to run above 60 fps, the more you exceed this limit the greater the problems related to animations or other will be, so you could do more damage than anything else.
Furthermore, even maximizing performance at the moment unfortunately no one can save you from the problems of stutter and general drops in the framerate that afflict the PC version of Elden Ring (as well as the console versions) except FromSoftware and the corrective patches that will publish in the weeks and months. following the launch of the game.
This was our guide with the best settings for Elden Ring on PC and some tips on how to change the settings to achieve smooth fps. If you have any questions, don’t forget to ask them in the comments, and remember that if you liked the guide and the strategies, you can share them with your friends on your social networks on Twitter or Facebook.